Time Required: 20 to 30 hours
Yields about 1 Quart of Ice Cream
What You Need:
- 1½ quart ice cream freezer container
- large saucepan
- fine strainer
- large bowl
- 2 cups CannaMilk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup vanilla wafers, crushed
- ⅓ cup key lime juice
- Combine Cannamilk, half-and-half, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan and whisk together thoroughly. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl while gradually adding 1 cup of the hot canna-cream from the saucepan. Return hot canna-cream and yolk mixture to the saucepan while whisking constantly.
- Pour the canna-cream mixture through a fine strainer and into a large bowl. Discard any solids.
- Chill cream uncovered in refrigerator for 1 hour; stir occasionally. Place plastic wrap on top of cream mixture after 1 hour. Let chill for another 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour cold mixture into 1½ quart ice cream freezer container and freeze.
- Remove container from freezer after 3 hours; stir in vanilla wafers and lime juice. Return container to freezer for another 6 hours, or until ice cream is firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
CannabisInformation.info is a website that provides recipes and information dealing in the preparation of food and allows submissions by various sources, including 3rd-party websites. EatYourCannabis.com in no way provides any warranty, implied or otherwise, towards the content of recipes submitted by any visitor, website, or other entity. As such, it is the reader’s responsibility to determine the value, quality and safety of any recipe or instructions provided for food preparation.
Recipes taken from our site and prepared are done so “at your own risk” and are only permitted in states where Cannabis is legal for medical or recreational use.