Racial implications within the United States are no mystery, their prevalence growing increasingly apparent with ubiquitous race-targeted crime and injustice. Turns out, the cannabis industry is not exempt.
Why? It comes down to the fundamental disadvantages minorities are faced with in America:
- Political under-representation
- Discriminatory drug-related criminal charges
- Inequitable distribution of wealth
- Residential stratification
- Age-old public stigma
- Disproportionate vulnerability under the looming federal threat
To see exactly how these factors play into the encompassing challenge minorities face entering into the cannabis industry, watch the short video below from NBC News.